We have been working to grow and support the proof-of-stake ecosystem since its inception. This reflects in our choice to build on PoS, contributing to open-source initiatives/challenges (such as Game of Stake and Game of Zones) and running validators for 10+ networks. The PoS ecosystem is beginning to flourish but this is only the beginning; we believe it’s going to grow exponentially from here.
To celebrate the spirit of decentralisation and to explore the PoS universe we are hosting Proof-of-Stake: The New Paradigm with the leading PoS networks, projects, validators and thought leaders. This platform will allow us to spark conversations and discussions around the latest developments, challenges and opportunities in the PoS space.
⏰When: March 5, 2021 [6:30 PM IST/1:00 PM UTC/8:00 AM EST]
🌐 Where: https://youtu.be/Qu1jQY43ZN4
The proof-of-stake ecosystem is growing rapidly and in the past few months we have seen adoption of PoS networks snowballing across the globe. PoS networks not only solve many of the major issues of blockchain such as scalability and instant finality, but are also opening up new opportunities for applications across various niches including DeFi, NFTs and beyond.
In less than two years, the global PoS ecosystem has built a compelling case for itself as the future of crypto and blockchain. As the PoS networks are maturing, interoperability and adoption are also improving significantly.
Focus Areas of the Event
- DeFi on PoS networks: DeFi has been the most discussed subject in the space for the past year and still the industry witnesses new innovations every day. Ethereum has seen the majority of DeFi traction, however DeFi protocols are now migrating to or adopting proof-of-stake as the first choice due to the existing challenges with Ethereum and similar blockchains.
- Interoperability: As the industry is maturing the need for interoperability/cross-chain solutions is increasing. Interoperability is one of the essential aspects for the adoption and free flow of assets. Some bridges between chains being already live have significantly increased cross-chain collaboration.
- Usability and scalability: One of the biggest challenges for the crypto industry has been user-experience, usability and scalability owing to high gas fees, network congestion etc. Many of those issues are being effectively managed by the PoS networks but still there’s a long way to go. Some of the asset classes such as NFTs are gaining traction and they are heavily reliant on good user-experience to see mainstream adoption.
- Tushar Aggarwal, CEO and Co-founder
- Deepanshu Tripathi, CTO and Co-founder
- Abhitej Singh, Strategy and Community
NEAR Protocol and Partners
- Illia Polosukhin, Co-founder, NEAR Protocol
- Nate Geier, Founder, Mintbase
- Peter DePaulo, Head of Developer Relations, NEAR Protocol
- Jack Zampolin, VP of Product, Peggy JV
- Sam Sutcliffe, Tendermint Inc.
- Nicholas Platias, Head of Research
- Joe Petrowski, Tech Integrations Lead, Web3 Foundation
- Eric Chen, CEO and Co-founder
- Sorawit Suriyakarn , CTO and Co-founder
- Daniel Hwang, Protocol Lead
- Gavin Birch, Protocol Analyst
The Spartan Group
- Jason Choi, General Partner
Agenda (all times in IST)
- 6:30–6:40 PM: Opening note
- 6:45–7:05 PM: Illia Polosukhin: NEAR: Web2 experience with Web3 security
- 7:10–7:30 PM: Tushar Aggarwal: Building next-generation financial products with Persistence
- 7:35–8:00 PM: Nicholas Platias: Creating an ecosystem of stablecoins on Terra
- 8:05–8:40 PM: Panel on DeFi reimagined on PoS: Tushar Aggarwal [Persistence], Nicholas Platias [Terra], Sam Sutcliffe [Tendermint], Eric Chen [Injective] moderated by Jason Choi [The Spartan Group]
- 8:45–9:05 PM: Open Slot
- 9:10–9:40 PM: Fireside Chat on NFTs: Deepanshu Tripathi [Persistence], Nate Geier [Mintbase] moderated by Daniel Hwang [Stakefish]
- 9:45–10:15 PM: Jack Zampolian: Stargate and IBC by Cosmos
- 10:20–10:45 PM: Open Slot
- 10:50–11:30 PM: Panel Discussion: Proof-of-Stake: The new paradigm — Jack Zampolin [Cosmos], Joe Petrowski [Polkadot], Gavin Birch [Figment], Daniel Hwang [Stakefish], Peter DePaulo [NEAR] moderated by Tushar Aggarwal [Persistence]
- 11:35–12:00 PM: Joe Petrowski: Introduction to Polkadot
- 12:05–12:20 PM: Closing note
Note: The open slots may be occupied by projects/speakers yet to be confirmed.
Staking-as-a-Service solution for proof-of-stake networks. For institutional assets managers looking to generate fixed income returns from staking-as-an-asset class, AUDIT.one provides whitelabeling solutions for hardware and software. Currently supporting more than 10 networks with $100M+ in assets under delegation.
Persistence is a Tendermint-based, specialised Layer-1 network powering an ecosystem of DeFi applications focused on unlocking the liquidity of staked assets.
The Persistence chain facilitates the issuance and deployment of liquid-staked stkASSETs, allowing users to earn staking rewards while participating in DeFi primitives, such as lending/borrowing and liquidity provisioning on DEXs.
Persistence aims to offer a seamless staking and DeFi experience for PoS (Proof-of-Stake) users and enable developers to build innovative applications around stkASSETs.
Join Our Movement