The Persistence ecosystem is steadily becoming the liquid staking hub of the Proof of Stake economy, with several developments happening across the ecosystem.
The Persistence foundation and Persistence labs are the first stepping stones towards achieving long-term growth and vision for the Persistence ecosystem. The two will act in tandem to collectively drive innovation while driving utility for XPRT.
The Persistence Foundation
Persistence Foundation is committed to driving utility for the Persistence ecosystem’s fuel – XPRT. The foundation will engage with all stakeholders to ensure incentive alignment and direct collective efforts toward the ecosystem vision.
The ultimate goal for the foundation is the welfare of the XPRT holders and Stakers by driving utility for the asset.
The Persistence foundation focuses on the following as of date:
- XPRT management
- Ensure adequate incentivization of all stakeholders through the flow of XPRT both within and outside the Persistence ecosystem
- Maintain deep XPRT liquidity across CEXs and DEXs to allow an increasing number of stakeholders to acquire and interact with the asset
- Expand the XPRT holder base through educational and community initiatives
- Engage with stakeholders such as market makers, investors, exchanges, etc.
- Drive integration of XPRT across wallets, explorers, and other data-management platforms
- Establish crisis management guidelines for XPRT
- Foundation Grants
- Promote liquid staking innovation by attracting builders to ideate and build exciting products in alignment with the ecosystem vision
- Offer grants to develop and scale selected projects, leveraging the Persistence tech stack, driving volumes on the chain
- Assist project teams with strategic partnerships within the ecosystem to help them scale their solutions
- Foster thought leadership within the liquid staking space
- Foundation Delegations
- Facilitate the growth of the validator community by encouraging high-performance and secure node operations
- Incentivize alignment with validators contributing to the growth of the Persistence ecosystem and decentralization of the Core-1 chain
- Fund Builders and Developers
- Persistence foundation will fund ecosystem development teams (such as Persistence Labs) at regular intervals to ensure unhindered innovation
The Persistence Labs
The Persistence Labs is committed to building products, applications, and other tools/services on the Persistence network to further the growth of the Persistence liquid staking ecosystem. The labs will also support and/or incubate external teams to build on the Persistence network, provided such teams align with the vision of the Persistence ecosystem.
One can imagine the Persistence labs as a dev shop offering end-to-end services for building, deploying, and scaling applications within the Persistence ecosystem. In doing so, the labs will also interact with other labs within and outside the ecosystem to provide builders with the necessary tools to grow in the liquid staking landscape.
The Persistence labs is a team of specialists that can help a project through the product development lifecycle. Building with Persistence labs will allow project teams to leverage the existing community of the Persistence ecosystem while also receiving support on the following (non-exhaustive list):
- Expanding team through identification and onboarding of talent
- Ideation of product features, business models, GTM strategies, token economics, etc.
- Design, development, and deployment of dapps on the Persistence Core-1 chain
- Security audits
- Attracting traction by leveraging the Persistence community
- Marketing and BD support
- Investment and incubation opportunities for the projects building high-utility tooling/DeFi primitives for the Persistence ecosystem
As of today, Persistence labs is involved in the following activities:
- Maintenance of the Persistence Core-1 Mainnet and testnet
- Ensuring smooth upgrades for the network
- Engaging with validators to ensure high-quality node operations
- Actively participating in network governance, mainly in matters relating to chain maintenance
- Developing toolings and documentation required for the seamless product development on the Core-1 chain
- Working with the pSTAKE team
- Actively supporting the pSTAKE team with necessary tools and resources as they build the liquid staking solution to issue IBC-enabled stkASSETs on the Persistence chain
- Facilitating effective engagement with ecosystem stakeholders scale the product post-launch
- Working with external development teams to build
- Interchain DEX for yield-generating assets
- Interchain money markets products
- Exploring other ideas around MEV, Cosmwasm tooling, yield aggregators, etc
As Persistence Labs expands its capabilities to work with more and more teams, we would like to invite developer teams to reach out to us if they have any exciting ideas on growing the ecosystem or would like support on any of the above-highlighted aspects.
We believe the Persistence ecosystem is positioned at the inflection point given the growth of the liquid staking space at large, and we are excited to be a part of the journey ahead.