As we crawl deeper into Q4 2022, things continue to get exciting for Persistence and our ecosystem. October marked an important month, particularly on the tech and development front, with key innovations and upgrades being implemented for our future liquid staking products.
Our team was also on the ground at several major conferences and events, spreading awareness about Persistence and networking with other Cosmos projects. On the pSTAKE side, the team has been hard at work gearing up for the stkATOM mainnet launch on the Persistence Core-1 chain.
For a deeper digest of everything that occurred in October, check out the details below.
Major Highlights 🚀
- An on-chain proposal went live to initiate a v4 upgrade to the Persistence Core-1 chain, signifying the most important step before launching pSTAKE’s stkATOM mainnet. This software upgrade would add various key features to the network, including Interchain queries, IBC 3.3.0, pSTAKE’s liquid staking module for ATOM, and more.
- Mikhil Pandey, Product Lead at pSTAKE, participated in an AMA hosted by Halborn Security, discussing BNB liquid staking, his career and experience in the DeFi realm, pSTAKE’s security measures and strategy, and more.
- We attended the Token 2049 conference in Singapore, joining the likes of other Cosmos builders and ecosystem projects while spreading the word about Persistence.
- Galaxy, Polkachu, Kleomedes, DoraHacks, and Coin Side became official validators for the Persistence Core-1 chain, adding support for the network’s security and XPRT token.
Key Releases 📢
- Full Throttle Forward – The Next Phase of Growth: In this article, our team dove deeper into what’s coming next for developments surrounding the Persistence Core-1 chain, including stkASSET releases and issuance within Cosmos, expansion of our liquid staking hub, stakeholders within our liquid staking economy, and more.
- Liquid Staking Hub – Vision Turning into Reality: We provided a high-level overview of the last three quarters in 2022, highlighting how far we’ve come in developing our liquid staking ecosystem and summarising the key developments and what’s next in the pipeline for Persistence.
Persistence Monthly Stats 📊
- Our team released a comprehensive Twitter thread discussing Persistence’s goal to advance toward establishing a thriving liquid staking ecosystem and highlights over the first 3 quarters of 2022, discussing key statistics, Cosmos tech upgrades and additions, XPRT, pSTAKE’s efforts, and more.
- Pulsar Finance went live on the Persistence Core-1 chain, in addition to several other Cosmos networks, allowing users to track their Persistence portfolios, including staked positions, LP positions, and assets on our network.
- Leap Cosmos added support for the Persistence network and XPRT token on its iOS and Android apps, enabling more access for its users.
- RockX, one of our core validators, partnered with our team to host a crossword puzzle challenge in the Persistence One Discord server on October 12, 2022. Participants who solved the puzzle won $100 in XPRT prizes.
- pSTAKE partnered with Anchorage Digital, a large crypto custodial firm, to enable custody for PSTAKE, allowing their institutional clients to hold the governance token.
- Harbor Protocol announced that Persistence (XPRT) token stakers would be eligible to receive the HARBOR airdrop, among other supported chains and assets. More information and details are still yet to be released.
- COSMOSTAKE, one of the Persistence Core-1 chain validators, created a YouTube video providing an overview of the entire Persistence ecosystem for its Russian community.
Tech & Product Updates ⚒️
- Our team attended HackWasm in Medellin, Colombia at the beginning of the month, working on Interchain liquid staking and governance DAOs among other brilliant teams and minds.
- Keplr Wallet v0.11.7 was published and included a coin type change for the XPRT token from 750 to 118. When users log in to their wallet, the 118 coin type is set by default.
- The Persistence team created a CosmWasm patch for ics23, enabling smooth operations after developers upgraded their respective chains.
- Developer activity within the Persistence ecosystem is increasing. We’ve made efforts to accelerate on this front, including planning the launch of a full-scale developers’ grants program and initiatives such as education, events, and creativity bounties.
Our continued work throughout 2022 has driven our team to achieve tremendous goals, getting us closer to building a true liquid staking hub with a wide array of advanced products and services.
Persistence will continue to charge forward to finish the year strong, setting the stage for much more to come in 2023 and beyond.
Don’t forget to tune in to our social media channels and blog so you don’t miss any key updates